Latest COVID-19 information available at https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Florida COVID-19 Response for NEW Mobile Phone Dashboard data updates twice a day.
In an abundance of caution, we will be closing all city facilities and public restrooms effective Friday, 3/20/2020 at 5:00 PM and will remain closed until further notice. There are NO cases of COVID-19 in City facilities. The City of Tavares is concerned about the safety of our citizens. Starting Wednesday 3/25/20, all City of Tavares Parks are closed between the hours of 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. (plane/boat ramps remain open). A listing is provided in the news flash titled the "Closing City of Tavares Parks at Night".
Message from Tavares Mayor Amanda Boggus and the City
The city has passed an Emergency Resolution to address COVID-19 impacts to our city which provides the City Manager, the City Attorney and myself the ability to make quick decisions to protect and serve our citizens.
At this time, City Hall remains closed until further notice. Our website will be updated to reflect the current status of city services. At all times first responders, 911 Communications Center and the hospital will be in position ready to respond throughout this COVID-19 event and many of our City employees continue to work diligently behind the scenes to keep essential city services functioning.
Information and useful links have been placed on our website for your convenience.
Additionally, the Lake County Citizen Information Line is now open. Residents can call 352-742-4830 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. questions or concerns.
I encourage you to continue practicing social distancing and that you remain safe.
We hope the world, our nation, and our community return to normal as soon as possible.
On behalf of the City of Tavares – Americas Seaplane City, Thank you, Amanda Boggus, Mayor
Visit the City Coronavirus Resouces webpage for more information about COVID-19
UTILITY BILL PROCESS:
- Tavares will NOT be shutting off any utility (water or other) accounts for non-payment.
- You may place your payment in one of the provided envelopes outside City Hall and drop it into the drop box located across from City Hall on Rockingham.
- No change or receipts will be provided at this time.
- You may pay online through Online Bill Pay (Click2Gov) and Pay on the City website www.tavares.org. You will need your account number to access the “Pay Now” feature.
- You may mail your payments to PO Box 1068, Tavares, FL 32778
- You may pay by phone by calling the Innovative Response system at 352-508-4034. You will need your account number.
- New accounts may be established via fax or email.
- The contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org or for information by phone call 352-742-6400
BUILDING PERMITS & INSPECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE:
- To apply for a building permit, please submit your application and plans to email@example.com
- Submit building inspection requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To leave a message for permitting please call 352.742.6213
- Permits will be issued via email, please call 352.742.6400 for payment by phone.