Street Lights

How to Report Street Light Outages

It is easy to Request a Streetlight Repair:

If you have Duke Energy:

Contact Duke Energy to report, by either submitting an online streetlight repair request, or by phone: (800) 700-8744 and press #1 from the voice menu.

If you have SECO (Sumter Electric Cooperative, Inc.):

Contact SECO to report, by either submitting an online streetlight repair request or by phone (352) 357-5600.

You will need the following information:

Your contact information- Your contact information ensures that a technician can find and resolve the problem promptly.

Location:   A specific street address, works best.  If applicable, provide the closest physical building or premise address.  Details help.  For example, “light out on SW corner of Valor Station parking lot across from BankFirst” is preferable to “light out in Valor Station parking lot”.

ID number on the pole:   The pole ID number is normally located 2 - 7 feet off the ground on the pole and will enable the technician to identify the exact streetlight.

What is wrong:  You will need to specify what is wrong with the streetlight: light out, light on during day, cycling on and off, broken globe, etc.

To Request Trimming Tree Branches:

For Trimming Tree branches from Power Lines, contact your service provider directly because power lines are not maintained by the City.

Duke Energy contact for tree trimming information (800)700-8744 .

SECO contact for tree trimming information is or phone (352) 357-5600.