Programs and events
- Frayed Knot Knit and Crochet Club every Tuesday at 10: a.m. All are welcome, from beginners to advanced and everyone in between are invited to come and work on your current project or begin a new one with other stitchers in the Library Programming Area.
- SHINE the second Thursday every month from 10 a.m.-12 noon First come first served. Program does not accept appointments.
- Page Turners Book Club the fourth Tuesday every month. The December title is: French Braid by Anne Tyler. Call the library to reserve your copy for pickup. Read the book and then share and discuss your thoughts in Room C.
- Roots and Branches Genealogy Group the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. except November & December when on holiday hiatus. The group meets in the Library Programming Area.
- Coffee and a Chat Friday, December 15 at 10:00 a.m. in the Library Programming Area. Listen to featured speaker,Robin Richter, Travel Advisor, All In Travel speak about interesting things about travel that you may not know, followed by coffee and a discussion. Sponsored in partnership with LovExtension and Foxtail Coffee.
See the Children's Page and the Teen Page for more programs.
Paper monthly calendars are available in an easy to read at-a-glance format at the Tavares Public Library 314 N. New Hampshire Avenue. Paper calendars may be picked up during regular library business hours Monday and Thursday 9:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; Saturday 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Holiday Plants Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. Learn about the traditional holiday plants and other colorful options for the holiday season.
Programs in this series are led by the University of Florida / IFAS Extension Center
Happy and Healthy Holiday Series
- Cooking with Herbs Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. Learn about flavoring foods and take part in creation of sample blends and tea bags in this class led by UF/IFAS Extension Center.
- So, You Think You Know Fruitcake Saturday, December 9 at 10:30 a.m. Facts and tidbits about the cake we all love to hate. REGISTRATION REQUIRED beginning Monday, November 27.
- Holiday Karaoke Thursday, December 14, 2023 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Get in the spirit with holiday themed karaoke, Fun for all ages.
- Mindful Meditation Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. Meditation and crystal bowls sound bath designed to promote a quieter state of mind.
- Vision Board Class Thursday, December 28, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Prepare for the new year by making your 2024 vision board. Ideal for teens and adults. REGISTRATION ENCOURAGED
- Sounds of the Season with Christina Vokel Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. Singer and songwriter Christina Vokel will present a 60 - minute concert featuring traditional carols and original songs. This concert is part of the Happy and Healthy Holiday Series.
- Winter Solstice Concert Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. Delight your ears and your soul this Winter Solstice with Victoria Shultz, featuring reflective and soothing music on the harp. This concert is part of the Happy and Healthy Holiday Series.
- Women and Jazz: Flute Juice Productions Wednesday, March 13, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. An understanding of jazz would not be complete without highlighting the influence and contributions of women. Master Flautist Galen Abdur-Razzaq will give a performance and lecture exploring notable women of jazz.
- Literary Lights original illustrations celebrating iconic authors - currently on display
- Veterans honoring our local heroes - on display November and December in the entry case
- African American Heritage Festival Friday, February 2, 2024 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. More information forthcoming.