Fun @ Your Library
The Tavares Library offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Check our event calendar for times and topics.
Learn a New Language
Learn 80 foreign languages from your home computer or mobile device with Pronunciator! Ask library staff for more information and about other language learning programs available at the library.
Learn a New Art or Craft Skill
Thousands of art and crafting video classes for all ages and experience levels available with your library card. Taught by artists and design experts. Ask library staff for more information about how to register for a free online account.
Mark Your Calendar for These Programs for Grownups
(See Children's Page and Teen Page for more programs)
- Young @ Heart every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Frayed Knot Knit and Crochet Club the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month. Beginners to advanced and everyone in between. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Roots and Branches Genealogy Group the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. except November & December CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- SHINE the second and fourth Thursday every month from 10 a.m.-12 noon First come first served. Program does not accept appointments. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Page Turners Book Club Online Edition. The January title is: A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy. Call the library to reserve your copy for pickup. Read the book and then share and discuss your thoughts on the Tavares Public Library Facebook page.
- Read a Latte Winter Reading Challenge. November 23, 2020-January 31, 2021. Pick up your packet to participate now through January 31, 2021. Read to win a fun coffee themed basket. Contact Marli for more information.
- Lift Every Voice: a virtual series exploring 250 years of African American poetry and song. Every Wednesday for four weeks beginning January 13th. REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Contact the library for more information or to register.
To Print a Monthly Calendar of Library Events- Follow this calendar link and select the desired month.
For more information about any of our programs, call the Library at (352) 742-6204.