Fun @ Your LibraryThe Tavares Library offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Check our Library Events Calendar for times and topics.
Learn a New LanguageLearn over 100 foreign languages from your home computer or mobile device with Pronunciator! Ask library staff for more information and about other language learning programs available at the library.
Mark Your Calendar for These Programs for Grownups
(See Children's Page and Teen Page for more programs)
- Frayed Knot Knit and Crochet Club the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month. All are welcome, from beginners to advanced and everyone in between are invited for coffee and conversation while working on your current project or beginning a new one in the Library Programming Area.
- Roots and Branches Genealogy Group the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. except November & December. The group meets in the Library Programming Area.
- SHINE the second Thursday every month from 10 a.m.-12 noon First come first served. Program does not accept appointments.
- Page Turners Book Club the 4th Tuesday every month. The November title is: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Call the library to reserve your copy for pickup. Read the book and then share and discuss your thoughts in the Library Programming Area.
- Yoga in the Library every Friday with certified instructor, Jennifer Stone in the programming space from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Class varies between mat yoga and chair yoga. Pick up a calendar in the library for the schedule or click the Calendar of Library Events link below.
- Little Free Library Ingraham Park Grand Opening on Saturday, November 5 beginning at 9:00 am with a community gardening project (volunteers welcome) followed by a ribbon cutting ceremony at 11:00 am. Children's crafts, drinks and featuring a special StoryWalk.
For more information about any of our programs, call the Library at (352) 742-6204.