As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. Some of the other services the City Clerk provides are as follows:
- Serves as the official records manager and custodian for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes, Planning & Zoning Board minutes, Code Enforcement/Special Magistrate Hearing minutes, other committee and meeting minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search Requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations and assists as a Simply Married Officiant
- Provides Board support
- Provides City Receptionist services
- Manages City of Tavares website - www.tavares.org, City of Tavares Facebook, Tavares Splash Park Facebook, Wooton Park Facebook, City of Tavares Twitter, City of Tavares Instagram
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund Please contact Foster and Foster, Inc. at email@example.com or by mail
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the
City Council Invocations
The City of Tavares welcomes participation from ministers, lay ministers, priests, rabbis, reverends, and other heads of religious organizations to participate in City Council meetings by volunteering to open the meeting with an invocation.
The meetings are held the first and third Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. at 201 E. Main Street, Tavares, FL, City Council Chambers.
If you are interested in participating please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at (352) 742-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org