As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. Some of the other services the City Clerk provides are as follows:
- Serves as the official records custodian and manager for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes, Planning & Zoning Board minutes, Code Enforcement/Special Magistrate Hearing minutes and all other committee, public workshop and meeting minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations and assists as a Simply Married Officiant
- Provides Board support
- Provides City Receptionist services
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
- Processes and maintains ordinances, resolutions, easements covenants and city contracts
CITY OF TAVARES
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
MUNICIPAL ELECTION BALLOT RECOUNT
TAVARES CITY COUNCIL SEAT 4
A ballot recount for the November 5, 2019 Tavares City Council Seat 4 municipal election will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, November 8, 2019, at the Lake County Supervisor of Elections Office, 1898 East Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, 32778
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance to participate should contact the Tavares City Clerk at 352.742.6209 or email email@example.com.
The City of Tavares City invites applications from area not-for-profit organizations with a 501C3 designation for funding for community and social services projects serving residents in the City of Tavares. Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to successful applicants.
Applicants may obtain an application on line at www.tavares.org or by contacting the City Clerk, City Hall, 201 E. Main Street at 352-742-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit applications is November 29, 2019.
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund Please contact Foster and Foster, Inc. at email@example.com or by mail
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the