As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. Some of the other services the City Clerk provides are as follows:
- Serves as the official records manager and custodian for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes, Planning & Zoning Board minutes, Code Enforcement/Special Magistrate Hearing minutes, other committee and meeting minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search Requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations and assists as a Simply Married Officiant
- Provides Board support
- Maintains city website and social media
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
The City of Tavares is currently accepting applications for the Tavares Library Board. This is a voluntary position appointed by the Mayor of the City of Tavares. The current vacant position is for a two-year term that will expire in June 2020. Applications may be obtained by calling 352.742.6209 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday, or by downloading the application from the city’s web site at www.tavares.org.
Applications should be forwarded to the City Clerk and will be accepted until the position is filled. For additional information please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at 352.742.6209, email@example.com or Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, Tavares 32778.
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund Please contact Foster and Foster, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the
November 6, 2018 City Council Election
For any questions regarding City of Tavares elections please contact the City Clerk at 352.742.6209, email@example.com or at City Hall, 201 E Main Street, Tavares or visit our Elections Information Page.