As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
Other duties include:
- Serves as the official records custodian for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search Requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations
Police Pension Board
The City of Tavares is currently accepting applications for the Police Pension Board. This voluntary position is appointment by the Mayor of the City of Tavares and is a two year term that will expire November 2019. Applications may be obtained by calling the City Clerk at 352.742.6279 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, by email or by downloading the application.
Applications should be submitted to the City Clerk, City of Tavares, 201 E Main Street, Tavares, Florida 32778. For additional information please call Susie Novack, City Clerk, at 352.742.6279.
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the