As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
Other duties include:
- Serves as the official records manager and custodian for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search Requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations
- Provides Board support
- Maintains city website and social media
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
NOTICES TO THE PUBLIC
City Council Invocations
The City of Tavares welcomes participation from ministers, lay ministers, priests, rabbis, reverends, and other heads of religious organizations to participate in City Council meetings by volunteering to open the meeting with an invocation.
The meetings are held the first and third Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. at 201 E. Main Street, Tavares, FL, City Council Chambers.
If you are interested in participating please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at (352) 742-6209 or email@example.com
Lake County Library Advisory Board - City Representative; and,
Police Pension Board
The City of Tavares is presently accepting applications for the for the Lake County Library Advisory Board – City Representative and Police Pension Board These positions are voluntary and are appointed by the Mayor of the City of Tavares. The Lake County Library Advisory Board is a four year term from March 1, 2018 through February 28, 2022. The Police Pension Board is a two year term expiring November 2019. Applications may be obtained by calling (352) 742-6279, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 pm Monday through Friday or by downloading the application from the city’s web site.
Applications should be submitted by Friday, January 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to the City Clerk. For additional information please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at (352) 742-6279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the